When to seek help?

When is the right time to seek help when trying to conceive?
Newborn baby in towel

After a year of trying to conceive without success you should consider seeking help by arranging an appointment with your GP. It is likely that your GP will begin by performing some preliminary blood tests and possibly a semen analysis.

When visiting your GP, you can ask to be referred to the Shropshire and Mid Wales Fertility Centre at the Severn Fields Health Village.  Following referral you can be seen at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, the Princess Royal Hospital (Telford) or the Severn Fields Health Village (Sundorne).

There is a detailed referral process for both NHS and private patients. Please see the relevant pages on this website:

Delaying making an appointment and beginning the infertility investigations and treatment may reduce the chances of conception.