The risk of miscarriage
Early miscarriage is very common in naturally conceived pregnancies with about 15% (1 in 7) ending in miscarriage. Assisted conception results in an overall miscarriage rate of 25%. In individuals with polycystic ovarian syndrome this may be as high as 40%. In women over 40 this may be as high as 50%.
We understand that miscarriage can be highly distressing and try to offer as much support and counselling as possible.